Best Practices / Trends Research
ParioPlan has completed special studies and research to address a variety of planning and development interests. Our research has ranged from practices to achieve aging-in-place neighbourhoods and more sustainable development on private land, to planning urban waterfronts and attracting downtown investment with municipal incentives.
Our knowledge of planning and development practices and trends has been acquired during years of assisting municipalities, First Nations, private developers and non-profit groups with policy documents, planning studies and community plans. This real-world experience is supplemented by ParioPlan’s access to a variety of leading-edge research through the professional organizations we belong to such as the Canadian Institute of Planners, Urban Land Institute, International Downtown Association, Urban Development Institute and Alberta Urban Municipalities Association.
- Aging in Place – Promising Practices for Municipalities, City of Edmonton, 2009
- Assessment of Green Initiatives – Case Study Research for The Quarters, City of Edmonton, 2009
- Best Practice Review for Planning Application Approval Models, City of Edmonton, 2009
- Land Securement Tools for Capital Region River Valley Park Plan, River Valley Alliance, 2007
- Planning and Developing Urban Waterfronts, Town of Sylvan Lake, 2006
- Municipal Incentives to Attract Downtown Investment, City of Prince Albert, 2002
- Sustainable Planning & Development for Small Communities, CMHC, 2002
- Case studies of Public-Private Partnerships in Economic Development, Alberta Economic Development, 2000