Economic development to create jobs, attract new investment and expand the tax base is at the top of the agenda for all levels of government. Elected officials, administrators, Chambers of Commerce, business associations and economic development professionals seek not only practical and effective ways to attract new businesses, but also strategies to encourage entrepreneurship and business growth and retention.
Professionals and volunteers involved in economic development are often swamped with day-to-day work, which can make progress slow. We can accelerate the economic development process by helping to develop realistic plans, generate political and community support, and formulate achievable action plans. Our network of government and industry contacts and knowledge of current practices helps to strategically position municipalities in today’s competitive marketplace. Our economic development services include strategic planning; organizational development; business and industry recruitment; business support and retention; and marketing and image building.
- Town of High Level Economic Development Strategy, 2010
- Prospectus and Developer Proposal Call for Gateway Commercial Site, City of Spruce Grove, 2009
- Repositioning of Edmonton Research Park, Economic Development Edmonton, 2003
- Economic Development Strategy for Mountain View County 2001-2011, Mountain View County, 2001
- Highway Corridors Study, Municipal District of Brazeau No. 77, 2001
- Public-Private Partnerships in Economic Development Study, Alberta Economic Development, 2000
- City of Red Deer, Red Deer County, and Red Deer Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Workshop, 2000
- Economic Development and Vision Building Workshop, City of St. Albert, Sturgeon County, Towns of Morinville and Legal, 1999